Sunday, May 31, 2015

Atop Guardian

     I was exiled from the kingdom of Kjeldoran four weeks ago. Its been a long month, but I don’t wish to dwell on the hardships that I have faced so far, setting up my camp here in Guardian Mountain. But I remember still so vividly the land behind me, my home, Kjeldoran. I mention here as if it was a distant foreigner, which I have but minimal connections with, but that is the furthest from the truth.

     Kjeldoran was my kingdom, and I one of its two once-mighty princes. The castle in which I resided was at its peak twenty stories high. My bedroom had been at the twentieth story of the that highest tower, at my request. I loved the view. The capital city, where the castle was, was two-thousand acres, but even at that sizes I could still see the mountains in the distance. I remember one of those mountains being where I am now, the Guardian. Also in the city, I could see the church steeples, the school bells, the hospital roofs, the tall, blockish hostesses, and of course the many farm fields at the base of Guardian.

     Religion is critically important to each true Kjeldoranite. And in religion, the main focus is Boros, the Giver of Life. The Giver is the giver of everything, everything is from the Giver. He also is the giver of reason, which he has for all of his actions and everyone’s actions. Us Kjeldoran’s take that the closest to heart. Reason is the primary meaning behind all of Boros’s gifts, and we must find it. There are priests that work tremendously on determining the meaning of all gifts, and they are highly prized by the royalty in the capital especially. They live in the churches and feel strongly about their work; they have been given special ability to understand the world, this world that is given to us.

     The seasons seem to repeat, as is confirmed by the priests, so special days must also repeat each year: our holidays. The most celebrated holiday is Capital Day, where everyone travels to the outskirts of the city. There, the King hosts a fabulous party, with prized food, several popular sport games, and much gathering and celebrating. Residents from far parts of the city meet and appreciate that we all have the capital for ourselves. The day marks the day of the year when the first Kjeldoranites planted the white and red flag in the soil of the Guarded Valley. That was 400 years ago, but we all must give thanks for that wonderful event, its what all of our happiness relies upon – the fact that that event has happened. Though it may have happened on a different day, it happened on Capital Day for a reason of Boros, which makes that day the most special of all. After the festival, everyone returns to the city, which is deserted. It reminds everyone we are just as much a part of the city as the buildings and castle are. It is everyone’s duty to keep the peace and the happiness of all.

     There is also Victory Day, which marks the day that Kjeldoran defeated the terrible barbarians of the south. They had been a consistent problem previous to the first Victory Day, the original Victory Day. But the threat of the barbarians united Kjeldoran together, and ended their civil conflicts of the fifth king. In retrospect, the barbarians saved Kjeldoran, so for Victory Day all the citizens of Kjeldoran donate a morsel of food they make themselves to the steps of the castle. Then, a gargantuan wheelbarrow is drawn by horses to the top of the valley, where one of the outlooks of the barbarians is stationed. There is always a crowd of barbarians at the post each victory day, and they happily accept the treasures.

     The people of Kjeldoran are all very fair-minded and pleasant. They wish to hold the peace for everyone, and because they know that everything that happens has a reason, they are never disappointed and or regretful. But what got in my way was emotions. I wanted something that I shouldn't have wanted, something I couldn't have. But I went after it anyway. Why? Well, I thought that there was some reason for my wanting. Maybe there was, maybe I’m just not meant to be in Kjeldoran, maybe I have some purpose here on Guardian. I may never know what I am to do or why, but I will do it, and I know then I will be happy. Unlike now lol.

-RIIBFEED-

No comments:

Post a Comment